This chapter was was the long awaited reunion between Sasuke and Itachi, and it was pretty awesome! We also got to see a little bit more of the fight between Madara and the Kages, and to be honest Madara is giving off a bit of an obsessive stalker vibe whenever I hear him talk about the Hashirama Senju (The First Hokage). But, first lets talk about Sasuke and Itachi. I had a huge sigh of relief when Sasuke let out a bit of his frustration and was able to tell Itachi how he felt. Talking about feelings seems like a really good step in the right direction for Sasuke. But, one thing I didn't like was the fast switch in Sasuke's personality. For the last few chapters, he has been the badass psycho avenger, and all of a sudden he becomes this confused and almost normal child? (Seems really conflicting, but I would be more inclined to believe that what we have seen now is the real Sasuke, and all the badass, psycho babble was just misplaced anger. )
A few things I liked about the conversation between Itachi and Sasuke:
- Although, Itachi may not have come out and completely apology for pushing Sasuke unto a path of revenge, it was good to hear him take some responsibility for the way Sasuke turned out.
- Itachi answered a critical question that many people have debated, "Why was Sasuke the only one left alive". Some people including myself believed that their may have been more than one innocent Uchiha in the whole village, but that wasn't the case. Even Sasuke's mother and father and probably other children had knowledge and may have been involved in the coupe.
- As stated before I enjoyed seeing Sasuke open up to Itachi and showing some emotion other than craziness. It seems like a step towards Sasuke's recovery. (...and shows his susceptibility to Naruto's "talk- no-jutsu" - his ability to gain the favor of even the most hardened and powerful enemies through the use of fancy talk and ridiculous promises - aka. Political-no- jutsu.)
As Itachi mentions stopping the Edo Tensei, the scene changes to Madara. Personally, I love Madara's arrogant attitude. I find his constant put-downs and insults give him a very unique personality that we haven't seen from any other enemy thus far. But again, I find his constant hyping of the First Hokage a bit over the top and annoying. Madara's latest hurl of insults was at Tsunade who, although is a Senju is very weak compared to even in her own specialty which is medical Ninjutsu.(It may seem like more fanboyism from Madara, but it seems to open the door for Tsunade to showcase her "will of fire" power.)
Note: I have no idea why Tsunade mentioned the fact that she was a girl as if it was a handicap. I have consistently noticed that women in Naruto are constantly getting the shaft. I am hoping Tsunade can show change, but it seems like women's suffrage still hasn't hit the Narutoverse yet.
Question for the Readers:
Will Sasuke's interaction with Itachi change his feelings toward the destruction of Konoha?
*Check out last chapter review here and check out free Naruto couples wallpaper here
Subscribe to email feed



