Banner 468

March 21, 2012

Review: Naruto Manga 579:Brothers, Fight As One!!

3 comments
 
Chapter Summary
  • Whole chapter dedicated to Kabuto vs brothers
  • Kabuto reveals he's powerful
  • The Uchiha brothers are having a hard time not killing him
  • Sasuke still acting like his whole "kill konoha" rage never happened.









The Good:
Almost everything about this chapter was Amazing!  I liked that we saw the brothers truly working together against Kabuto without any strings attached. (My predictions were totally off for this chapter...) 
I like that Sasuke is actually doing something good by helping to defeat Kabuto.

This chapter we gained a lot of information about Kabuto's power including how Kabuto was able to copy the ability of Sasuke's teammates to make himself stronger, and that Karin is from the Uzumaki clan.(Don't know the significance yet.)  There was a little humor in the chapter with Sasuke being refereed to as Doctor Snake by both Itachi and Kabuto after rambling on about the snakes sensing abilities.

Note: It's possible that  the constant hinting of these random Uzumaki's may serve some purpose in the future.

The Bad:
One thing that immediately turned me off was how rushed everything seemed. I wished that Kabuto could have kept his mouth shut and the revelation of his powers and sage snake mountain could have seeped out more naturally. But as it stands now, the snake mountain and Orochimaru searching for it to become a sage is complete *** pull. 
The immediate use of Susanoo was also a bit disappointing. Although, it doesn't make sense to not use it now that there is no draw back. (I could have sworn that Susanoo draws on the users life force, so Sasuke should still be affected by it right??)   

Note: I'm bugged by the fact that Kabuto is still wearing glasses, seriously? Your a dragon sage who can sense nature but you still need glasses?



Final Thoughts:

Overall there was a lot of action going on this chapter and the fight started off great. It's looking to be a far better match up than I expected and I am excited to see Kabuto's sage mode. The immediate use of Susanoo has me a bit worried, but I have faith that we will see more variety from Sasuke and Itachi. Lastly, I hope after seeing Kabuto's power, Sasuke decided to take his butt down to Snake mountain and become a sage before facing off with Naruto.  This chapter was amazing and deserves a :

Score: 10/10

Note: Here's a download link to Naruto Chapter 579: Naruto Chapter 579





3 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Lol at kabuto wearing glasses, its possible they are special ninja glasses like Karen's with blades or special genjutsu reversing lenses.

  2. Symbol says:

    Ya, its possible kabuto glasses has some hidden blades, but since he has snake jutsus he has way better hiding places for his weapons like his esophagus.

  3. Anonymous says:

    I read your previous comment that kabuto glasses have hidden blades and he hides weapons in his esophagus? I didn't know that, that's some cool stuff.

Leave a Reply