Banner 468

March 08, 2012

Review: Naruto Chapter 577: Sword of Hatred

0 comments
 
Chapter Summary:

  • Kage's are starting to use teamwork against Madara
  • Kabuto vs.Itachi
  • Cheesy "will of fire" talk
  • More Senju worshipping from Madara





The Good:



This chapter continue with the Kages vs. Madara battle. It seemed like Madara's beatdown had ended. Tsunade gave her speech about the "will of fire", gave a long ( boring) speech about the rules concerning a medic ninja, and the Kages finally worked together to barrage assault Madara before Garaa used his sealing technique, ending the battle..?

I turned to the next page, and behold...Tsunade caught a stabbin' (she will live) from Madara who was hiding the whole time. I'm not sure at which point Madara substituted himself with a clone, but  it was probably when he was knocked into the wall. I was overjoyed to see the "will of fire" wasn't used as some magic button to defeat Madara because I love Madara's arrogance. (...it really lightens the mood and takes away from all the war and death thats going on...)


The last scene is dedicated to the Itachi vs. Kabuto and it seems that we may get to see Kabuto fight. If you look at the last page of the chapter, we see Sasuke in the shadows. I doubt Sasuke will sit by idle while Itachi deals with Kabuto, so its possible that we may see Sasuke + Itachi vs. Kabuto + Edo ____. (Hopefully it doesn't turn into a one-sided beat down on Kabuto.)



The Bad:

Lately, I feel as if the dialogue has taken a huge nose dive. I hated hearing Kabuto ramble about how he can't be killed because they won't be able to end the Edo Jutsu. The truth is Kabuto can be killed and the jutsu can be ended by sealing up the edo summons like they have been doing since the beginning of the war. Another thing I disliked is Madara and his love for the First Hokage, the first thing on his mind after being brought back to life is not "I need to get laid", its how lame everyone is compared to the First Hokage. The constant praising of the First Hokage's power is excessive, especially for Madara, who is supposed to be a proud Uchiha.


Final Thoughts:

Overall , the brewing battle between Itachi and Kabuto is exciting and could add some plot advancement concerning Kabuto's power and the secret of the Edo tensei. I was happy to see that Madara wasn't taken out by the "will of fire" and chuckled when Tsunade mentioned the "will of fire" as if it was going to close the huge power gap between Madara and them, but instead got her trolled. Im hoping Madara speaks more on the Uchiha and lays off on the Senju worshipping. Overall this was a fun chapter~

Score: 8/10

Note: Here's a download link to Naruto Chapter 577:   Naruto Chapter 577

Leave a Reply