Banner 468

April 13, 2012

Review: Naruto Manga 582: Nothing

0 comments
 

Chapter Summary:
The title of this chapter may be a symbolic reference to what I think sums this chapter up, "nothing".

The Good:

I appreciated the attempt at giving Kabuto a more dynamic personality by showing his struggles and loneliness as a child. Typically, when enemies are shown as children, it helps to make enemies seem more human and can sometimes lead to sympathy from the readers. I felt this affect after seeing a young Kabuto and it really made me interested in seeing the darkness that lead Kabuto to where he is now. I also liked seeing Sasuke take some innitiative by using Ameratsu to stop Kabuto from attacking. Although, I still don't understand what Sasuke's plan is or why hasn't moved from his spot since the beginning of battle
(lazy artists?).


The Bad:

One of the common let downs I have experienced in the last few naruto chapters is when characters are stupifyed to make the enemies seem very powerful. (This habit is pretty common in manga/anime). I was disappointed to see this happen to the Kages when facing Madara, and was frustrated when the Kabuto vs. Sasuke and Itachi battle began to take the same route.

My second issue was the sudden drop in action this chapter after the last chapter ended off with the mention of Izanami. It's very likely that Izanami is not a flashy technique and may be already taking effect,  but I was expecting to see an explanation and more development concerning Izanami.


 
My final bout with this chapter is my distaste for Kabuto. The snake coming out of Kabuto's stomach like an umbilical cord is disturbing and his baseless arrogance is frustrating. Although my love for good plot compels me to believe that Kabuto is purposely trying to intimidate his opponents by acting overly arrogant, it's very likely that this could be a cliche story in which the enemies over confidence leads to their downfall.

Overall:

The chapter was pretty slow, I felt trolled by the cliffhanger of Izanami last chapter and am hating the pacing of this whole war. I hated the madara vs. Kages because of the one sided battle, and now I am starting to hate this battle because of the lack off action. I am hoping that things turn around but I am certain there will be a fewchapters more of talking and flashbacks.

Grade: C-

Leave a Reply